BALOCHISTAN: The Baloch Human Rights Organisation (BHRO), Baloch National Movement (BNM) and Baloch Students Organisation-Azad (BSO-A) have alleged that a military operation was launched in Shabiq area of Turbat district on Sunday.
In separate statements issued on Monday, the three organisations said that several people had been taken into custody, dozens of houses set on fire and women and children beaten up.
They appealed to the United Nations and international human rights organisations to take notice of what they called serious human rights violations in Balochistan.
The BHRO said that Seth Nasir Baloch, Master Javed, Hasan Baloch, Master Sadir Baloch and Asa Baloch had been taken into custody.
The organisations claimed that similar operations had been conducted also in Awaran and Pangur areas.
They said if the detained people had done anything wrong they should be produced before a court of law.