Monthly Archives: August 2013
Subject: Human rights violations in Balochistan
The Baloch National Front (BNF), an alliance of Baloch nationalist parties, would like to draw Your Excellency’s attention towards your recent visit to Pakistan which caused heartbreaks among the Baloch people.
Your Excellency, in a speech delivered on August 30 in Switzerland, had said:
BALOCHISTAN: Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Chairman Nasrullah Baloch said that around 70 bodies had been found from different areas of Balochistan during the tenure of the incumbent government.
Addressing a press conference along with VBMP Vice Chairman Mama Qadeer Baloch at a hunger strike camp outside the Quetta Press Club for the recovery of Baloch missing persons, he said that 26 missing persons’ bodies had been found from different areas of Karachi.
It took Razzak Baloch’s family 24 hours to identify him through old marks on limbs because his face was mutilated beyond recognition
After the recent attack on a train near Machh, Bolan, in which only the locomotive and the railway police compartments were targeted, Railways Minister Khwaja Saad Rafique, very bravely, said, “Militants should surrender otherwise the government will pay them (militants) in their own coin… we would respond with 10 rockets in response to one fired by the militants.” The fact is that even when no rockets have been fired the security forces have fired countless rockets of wanton brutality against the Baloch who had had no option except to resist the unwarranted brutality. How many rockets had the Baloch fired in March 1948 to be forcibly annexed or in October 1958 for Kalat to be attacked or in 1973 for the elected Ataullah Mengal government to be dismissed and a terrible military operation conducted or for the present ‘dirty war’ claiming thousands of victims to be unleashed with the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti and Balaach Marri? There is an uninterrupted history of unprovoked aggression against the Baloch and it intensifies every day.